Exactly.  What you're after isn't possible.

Screen shots are pixelated in print.  To get your 300dpi, scale the image,
but use 'None' for interpolation type.  That'll maintain the pixely look,
but it won't be some smeared, blurry looking screenshot.  It'll be crisp.

The only way you'd get what you want is if all of Gimp's icons were vector
based (then you could scale to your hearts delight.)

Eric