Editing fonts doesn't belong to a designer.
I can't fix my 2000 fonts. Think, I get a work,
start on it, meanwhile appears a font problem.
There is no time and possibility to fix it.

Just a little hint:
there can be a text file, from gimp can
get the pair corrections by pairs. When I run
into a bad pair, I just take a new entry to it.
It is fast and simple, and at first it doesn't need
any gui. (By default, there can be an empty file,
so filling this table doesn't mean any work to a developer,
it can be only a framework).
But you, developers can find another better
solution, surely.

Thanks, Aewyn