On Wed 22 Dec 04,  4:42 PM, Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 06:30:05PM -0500, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm on Debian woody (testing), using gimp 2.0.6 with the enlightenment
> > window manager (no GNOME/KDE) and have a few problems.
> >
> first of all, testing is Debian sarge.  it is worth it to upgrade.

Hrrrmm.  Sorry.  Right before posting, I had *just* sent an update to the
Debian Jigdo HOWTO, and the last topic I wrote about was jigdo on Woody.  I
had Woody on the brain.   :)

I run Debian testing.  Sarge.

> > 1. I can't take single window screenshots.  Everything looks the same as
> > with
> >    gimp 1.3.  I click on "Acquire | Screenshot" and make sure that "a Single
> >    Window" is checked.
> i guess this is some argument between gimp and enlightenment.  i also
> guess that both of these are old as well.

Not really.  Gimp, as I said above, is 2.0.6.  Woody and sarge happen to have
enlightenment packages with the same order versiontude.

I could try 2.2.x from Sid.

> the quickest (also the dirtiest) way to fix all this:
> 1) apt-get remove gimp
> 2) change your debian sources.  everywhere it says "woody" make it say
> "testing"
> 3) apt-get update
> 4) apt-get install gimp
> then to undo it and keep everything on your computer the same continue
> with:
> 5) change the debian sources back so that it says woody
> 6) apt-get update
> and some sort of ethical thing makes me need to note here that this is a
> terrible way to run your computer!
I would certainly agree with you!  It IS a terrible way to mix and match
packages.  Apt-get pinning is a far superior way of doing this!

I'll try running twm and see if that works.  I'm guessing that everyone knows
how to talk to twm.