On Wed 22 Dec 04,  6:31 PM, Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 08:11:39PM -0500, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> > > first of all, testing is Debian sarge.  it is worth it to upgrade.
> >
> > Hrrrmm.  Sorry.  Right before posting, I had *just* sent an update to the
> > Debian Jigdo HOWTO, and the last topic I wrote about was jigdo on Woody.  I
> > had Woody on the brain.   :)
> >
> > I run Debian testing.  Sarge.
> >
> i am running sarge.  iirc, it is fairly easy to build the new tarball on
> sarge.  it has been fairly easy up until recently to build the cvs
> version and the lack of ease is not debians fault.
>
> easy and fun, depending on how you define fun.

Coolness.  I like fun.  ;-)

Turns out that single window screenshots work on twm.  Must be some kind of
wierd interaction between enlightenment and gimp.  So I'm going to guess that
rebuilding from source isn't going work.

I don't see any bug reports under gimp or enlightenment on this issue.
Wouldn't even know which package to file a bug report on.   *sigh*.

Maybe I'll just switch window managers whenever I want to take a screenshot.

Kinda sucks to have to do that.  But if I were on Windows facing the same
conundrum, it would be kinda hard to switch explorer.exe with another GUI
shell.   Man, even when stuff goes wrong on GNU/Linux, there never seems to
be any dead ends.  I always seem to find a way around any problem... ;-)

Thanks!
Pete