From: Andreas Waechter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Jozsef Mak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Holiday fantasies
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 23:11:15 +0100

To begin with, I would do away with all transformation dialog boxes (scale, shear, rotation and so on). This is because most of the time, the data displayed in these dialog boxes I have little use. Most of the time I transform objects interactively.

Oh, because YOU don't use the numeric input fields, they should be removed for EVERYONE?

I do not use them always, but sometimes I need to do exact rotation/shear/scale operations - these would be hard work to do without the numeric input fields.
In all the cases where I do not need the numeric input fields, it is very easy just to ignore them and work without them.

This is why I recommended creating a panel for options where the dimensions of the object can be traced as you interactively transform them. Like in Photoshop. Or there is a more elegant way to solve this, like many 3D programs do. As soon as you start rotating an object the numeric values appear on the screen where you can look them up at any moment; when you release the mouse the transformation is done.

Learn about configuring Gimp ...

I tried to reshape the tool box horizontally but it didnít look good to me. I still experiment with it to see that perhaps I missed something.