On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 08:14:26PM +0100, Beatriz Botero wrote:
> Carol Spears wrote:
> >On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 03:05:21PM +0100, Beatriz Botero wrote:
> >>
> >>mpeg2vidcodec_12 (MPEG-2 Encoder / Decoder, Version 1.2)
> >>mpeg_encode-1.5b
> >>mpeg_play-2.4
> >>wavplay-1.4
> >>MPlayer-1.0pre6
> >>
> >>However, if I try to open Xtns -> Split video to frames -> Hummingbird.avi
> >>(from http://carol.gimp.org/gimp/techniques/photographs/movies/) the
> >>Gimp gives the same error message about Xanim instead working with the
> >>above mentioned programs. Xanim istn't installed at all !
> >>The avi file works in MPlayer without problems.
> >>Thanks for your assistance
> >>

> >there should be two options in the Xtns -->Split Video to Frames Menu,
> >"Any XANIM readable" which uses XANIM and "Extract Videorange" which
> >uses MPlayer.
> >
> >use "Extract Videorange".  that hummingbird.avi came from a tutorial
> >about my first time with gap which was interesting.  my later experience
> >and better experiences with gap can be found here:
> >http://carol.gimp.org/gimp2/animation/gap/
> >
> Carol, that is the problem: I don't have the option "Extract Videorange"
> I only have "Any XANIM readable". I have the programs installed in
> /usr/bin that is in the path. The option Video is working I did some
> tutorials with it.
sorry for my rambling answer to the same question on this list.

i built my own MPlayer and installed a lot of software.  the problem
with this is that i don't know which software i installed that triggered
the option in the menu.

the software i got to build mplayer for gap with is this:

i seem to remember removing the things that did not work or install from
that directory.

i wish i understood the software more and could give more specific help.