On Tuesday 08 February 2005 20:45, Bill Lee wrote:

> Just an observation from a rank novice: why save as a jpeg if you don't
> want any compression?

  Because JPEG has those nice things known as EXIF headers. Very useful with
digital photographs. And JPEG is the best format for photo compression. And
compatible with everything from computers to DVD players to cellphones - so
I can probably read them back 50 years from now.

  And I didn't say I don't want *any* compression. I want compression, with
Q=98 JPEG (and one day JPEG 2000-lossless, if the patent encumberance
vanishes some day).

- Antti Mkel - http://www.cs.tut.fi/~zarhan -
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
what the Universe is for and why it is here,it will instantly disappear
and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.