Eric Pierce ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
[MM Fireworks]
> He told me that the default file format is png!  I called him a bold
> faced lier, but he swears up and down that png is the default format.
> I asked him about layers, and he said the pngs that Fireworks saves
> can DO LAYERS.  I haven't seen it firsthand... is there any truth to
> this!?

PNG can handle custom application specific chunks of data, so it is
perfectly possible that Fireworks uses custom data blocks, not specified
in the PNG standard. I have no idea if MM published these extensions,
but a PNG file just using the standard chunks cannot handle multiple
layers.

Bye,
        Simon
--