On Sun, Mar 27, 2005 at 11:44:47AM +0200, Hans Henrik Hansen wrote:
> Thanks for prompt reply - I'll (attempt to) look into mentioned updates.
> BTW: What is XCF?? :)

XCF is the GIMP native format that allows all the information you create
during editing (layers, paths, etc)

> I might add the information that prior to my first 'save as'-attempt(s), the
> computer began acting rather 'sluggishly': Even simple(?) tasks took VERY
> long time to accomplish - it felt like running short on RAM??

How many pixels are these JPEGs?  How much memory do you have?  Do you run
with your home directory mounted from another machine (NFS, Samba, etc)?

Those are the new questions your e-mail suggest to me.

Jeff

Computer Science is as much about computers as astronomy is about telescopes
        -- Edsger Wybe Dijkstra (1930-2002)