On Wednesday 22 June 2005 05:22, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > So, I fired up the preferences dialog, and the first place I
> > would search fo this is in the tab "input devices". And lo -
> > there is some space to spare there. There could be a couple
> > radiobuttons to configure this behavior just above  the "extended
> > input devices", what do you think?
>
> I asked you to propose a preference to remove in exchange for the
> new one. You don't like that deal or is there another reason you
> are ignoring this request?

Yes. There is a reason for me to ignore this request: One of the few
things in the world that requires  a single button to operate  is a
toaster. An Image manipulation Program is no toaster, and it does
need preferences settings to work in an optimal way.

No one needs to find, learn and set to an optimal state the program's
preferences in the first use, or even in the first month of use. I
don't see any need to artifically keep the preferences down - a user
who doesn't have a clue about why computer programs differ from a
toaster will have a feeling of "looking at things under the hood"
when using the preferences dialog in the first place - it won't hurt
if all the preferences needed are there.

Besides, as I wrote clearly before - the first place I would search
for such an option would be in "Input Devices" - even it is not the
"right" place to put it in. There is space in the input devices
section for this option to be added without removing anything else -
so I thought that removing anything else just to keep the preferences
coutn down would not be needed.

But since you really want it, the "Save Keyboard Shortcuts on Exit"
is something I never turned off - so as far as I am concerned it
could be gone and remain always on.

        Joao