On Tuesday 28 June 2005 07:28 pm, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "John R. Culleton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > With other packages there is an overnight snapshot of the CVS,
> > bundled as tarball. Does such a facility exist for Gimp?  Where?
>
> That doesn't exist and it would be a terrible waste of bandwidth since
> you are likely going to download that tarball frequently whereas a
> simple CVS update would just pull in the changes from CVS.
>

> Sven
Understood.

I am not expert in CVS (translation, I just printed out the
manual this morning) but it seems that it is command line driven.
Do I sign on to a Gimp CVS server somewhere using telnet?  If so
what is the address etc.?

As I say I am a total babe in the woods with CVS. I do have a
CVS program suite on my (Linux Slackware 10.1) system but don't
know how to twist the wires together to make the initial
interface between my system and the remote system.

Remember, I am the guy who sat through my first mainframe
training class looking for the diagram that showed the
hardware peripheral called the "assembler." On the last day it
dawned on me that the "assembler" was really a program. So
assume gross stupidity.

--
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers: