On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 02:27:42PM -0500, Scott wrote:

> gimp-composite-sse.c: In function
> 'gimp_composite_scale_rgba8_rgba8_rgba8_sse':
> gimp-composite-sse.c:786: error: PIC register '%ebx' clobbered in 'asm'
> make[3]: *** [libcompositesse_a-gimp-composite-sse.o] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2

> I then can seem to run a make install, but there is no gimp executable.
> Only gimp-remote seems to get installed. Can someone perhaps lead me in
> the right direction with this?

recently there was the same problem with mmx.  if you run ./configure
--help it will tell you how to build without this sse stuff.  these are
some "optimizations" that were included by some guy from Sun and seem to
be unmaintained lately.

if you are using apple products, you probably are not interested in
speed so probably building without that stuff will not seem to hurt
performance.

carol