On Feb 27, 2006, at 10:54 PM, Manish Singh wrote:
The guy who did Gimpshop decided to do his own thing, and didn't consult
the community at all before doing it. Since he didn't engage the
community and those who actually know the code best, he did it in a
completely stupid fashion technically. He forked the code.

So, he forked the code. You think he's stupid. And this forum does not want to help Gimpshop users. Based on those comments I thought I would go back and reread this section on Forkability[1] and this section on Forks[2] in "Producing Open Source Software"[3]. Would you consider Gimpshop a successful fork?

[1] http://producingoss.com/html-chunk/social- infrastructure.html#forkability
[2] http://producingoss.com/html-chunk/forks.html
[3] http://producingoss.com/

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent