Sven Neumann wrote:
Hi,

Olivier Ripoll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

From what I can gather of reading the mailing-lists for users,
developers and windows port, while the gimp "own" part of the
interface as much improved in the last years (preview for plugin /
docks / window management / image window top-menu), the compliance
to the HIG has raised a lot of bitterness in the community.

Can you please stop spreading this nonsense? The GNOME Human Interface
Guidelines (HIG) have not much, if anything, to do with the way the
file chooser dialog looks and feels. Please read the guidelines before
you talk about them. Making GIMP more HIG compliant has led to more
consistent and more pleasantly looking dialogs and has substantially
improved the usability of the application. I have not yet heard any
valid complaints about this step.

Sven

Sven,

Complaints about the dialogue pop up every single month on the 3 mailing lists I have mentioned. You can refuse to read them, but then do not accuse people who read them to mention them when specifically ask to in a thread.

And, for your information, I have read the HIG.

Listen, Sven, could you also please read the mails you respond to? I have clearly stated twice in this thread that the interface is better now than before. So we do agree on this point.

Best regards,

Olivier.

PS: If the HIG do not prevent improving the open/save dialogues, then I guess it _will_ be improved further.