A good solution would be to use a pen tablet.  I have a big Wacom 12-inch which is good for graphics but for general pointing use, a small one would be infinitely better than a mouse for EVERYBODY.

BTW, are there lefthanders on the list ?  I would like to know how they handle their mouse.  Personally, I sit the outer side of the hand, put the thumb inside and move it with the "pinky-thumb fork" when I have to.  Easier on the wrist too.