OK, let me restate the question. I can't find any sort of development package for gimp for FC5 separate from the Gimp itself. I've googled, looked on the Gimp downloads page, the Gimp Unix page, and searched RedHat, and Sourceforge. I can't find it. But neither can I find anything with a name like libgimp-dev on my computer.

But please don't lose sight of my original question - I just want to have Gutenprint make the print plugin, which it is not presently doing.
From my examination of the configuration log, it appears that it wants
the gimpui.pc file, which seems like a reasonable thing to want, but I don't know. I didn't see anything in the Release notes, so it seems like if it was there once, it ought to still be there.

So maybe there is something deeper here? Is FC5 gimp supposed to have a gimpui.pc file? I'm not at all shy about asking questions on the gimp-print devel list, but for the moment I think these are questions about Gimp that I would like to nail down.

Thanks very much.