On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 05:32:07AM -0600, Alex Feldman wrote:
> OK, is there a place I can get more information on this?  Google showed
> up surprisingly little for libgimp2.0-dev, and most of it was either for
> Debian or not in English (which I prefer).  Can I just download the
> package from the Debian site and install it in FC5?  I've never done
> that before.

it takes a little time to get used to working with your distribution.
as a debian user, i often need to get help from people who are making
the debs or people who have been using it for a while.

i attempted to help you understand what to look for.

i deleted everything below your message to this list since you were not
obviously responding directly to anything that was there.

could you help me to help you?  paste your original question into an
email and then paste my original response to your question right below
that (making the email appear more like a conversation).  occasionally,
when writing email to friends and family, i manually make fake line
breaks and add a '>' so that they can read it more easily.  then below
this, suggest what i could have said better that would have helped you
to understand your distribution better?

http://www.gimp.org/mail_lists.html
List Etiquette -- the suggestions there for email formation, while not
exactly the direction that Web 2.0 seems to be going, they do make
corresponding via email much easier.

thanks,

carol