Hi all,

I've seen this once and IIRC it turned out that my gimp-2.3 tried to load
libgimp / libgimpbase from version 2.2 which is still on the somewhere on
my Linux box.

I fixed this by installing gimp-2.3 completely under /usr/local/Gimp-2.3
and calling it by a little wrapper named gimpdev:

#!/bin/sh
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/Gimp-2.3/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
/usr/local/Gimp-2.3/bin/gimp-2.3

The key is here that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable must point to the right
libs.

Regards,
   Stephan.