Von: Ben Walker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I agree that normally autoscroll is not generally appropriate for
> painting.  For drawing lines however, it could be very useful, if one
> knows exactly where one wants to begin and end a line.  I do this type
> of graphic work all the time for web design, and normally have to do the
> line piecemeal as I often need to zoom in to place the line accurately.

You are talking about straight line, right? Then this can be handled by
multiple views.

What is the difference between painting and drawing, btw? The paint tools don't
auto-scroll in draw mode anyway (this is what you get by holding shift (aka
"how to draw straight lines")).

Maybe you could explain in more detail how you work with scrolling to draw