I think the danger in a simplification is this: there are many users that
are "advanced" in the sense that they are advanced in their processing of
photos or graphical arts, but that are not "advanced" in the sense of
computer users.  If you hide things in the module manager, they may never be
able to find them.
Anyway, for me, the triangle is the tool I like the best.

Luca

On 12/6/06, Jakub Steiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 22:11 +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> time for another little poll. GIMP has an interface for pluggable color
> selector modules. Over the time we have collected quite a few of them.
> In the 2.3 tree we have the following modules and builtin color
> selectors:
>
>  Default color selector
>  CMYK color selector
>  Painter-style triangle color selector
>  Watercolor style color selector
>  Palette color selector

Hi Sven,
Good plan with the simplification. While in Inkscape I use the HSV
slider almost all the time, GIMP's triangle selector works best for me.
I usually start with a preset palette color (using the actual palette
editor, not the color selector) and tweak on the color wheel/triangle.

cheers

--
Jakub Steiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>