On 12/18/06, John Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Not to flame here or anything, but has anybody done an actual study as
> to if IT managers are overlooking GIMP because of the name, and I'm not
> talking anecdotes.  I'm talking about a systematic survey.
> I don't deny that some people MAY have a bias against GIMP, but you need
> to look at the other side of the picture: what about the developers who
> still associate GIMP with a great program.  Product names are filled
> with all sorts of good will, and if you're going to change, you'd better
> be able to sit down and say that there is a valid reason to do this.
> And while we're on the topic of names, here's one idea:

Maybe linux journal, but I haven't seen anything specific toward Gimp.
>From my own experience, I've been an early adopter with open source,
and find it funny that once something hits mainstream, like Ubuntu or
Firefox - the same people that used to make comments like "I don't
have any problem for *my* software." - tend to talk praise once it's
become norm to use OS software ie. Firefox. Frankly, the point is that
people tend to change their minds rather quickly with the proper
influence.

--
Anthony Ettinger
phone: 408-656-2473