You will need several things at least.
1. A program to copy your images from the camera into PC, especially if
the device is not seen as USB drive. Maybe gphoto will be of help.
http://gphoto.org/
2. I would recommend you shooting in RAW. In order to import your photos
directly in GIMP or process RAW standalone you will need UFRaw
ufraw.sf.net
with graphical user interface or dcraw
http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/
as a command-line tool.
3. Also camera profiling tool will be be helpful if you do not find
ready profiles for your camera model.
http://lprof.sourceforge.net/

--
With respect