On Friday 30 November 2007 03:48:01 pm Helen wrote:
> I have photographs of flowers.
> I type the botanical name of the flower.
> Then I run the logo basic 1 script on the text, and the entire photo is
> cropped so that only the text remains.
> How can I run a logo script on text without losing the remainder of the
> picture?
> I've tried duplicate layer, and putting the text on the duplicate layer,
> but I still lose the remainder of the picture when I run the script.
> Thanks,
> Helen, using Gimp 2.2.10

There is no straightforward way. The easiest thing I can think of is to create
the logo as a  new image (use the Xtns menu on the tool box, isntead of the
image window menu), and then, on the resulting logo image, you turn off the
background layer, merge visible layers, and drag the resulting layer onto
your original image.