I would say that it's widely accepted that if you are including an image
in a book that represents a screen shot that is less than full screen,
you will magnify the image and use blocky pixel replication for text or
line graphics, and interpolated zooms for photographic subjects. I think
the readers will understand and be OK with that.

If your topic is vector graphic based, such as PDF or SVG, then it may
be reasonable to zoom your area of interest to a nice full screen smooth
and sharp image for screen shots, but you have to be careful not to
misrepresent what you are doing to the reader.

There is a screen that's close to 300dpi, but it's only about an inch
across on my iPod ;-), so I don't expect that to help.

-Ken