On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 a couple of people wrote:
> Edit -> Stroke Selection

This looks like it does exactly what I want, and that makes me happy.
I haven't tried it yet, as I haven't had a chance to mess with GIMP in
a few days. Thanks for telling me about that, though.

I'm reading what you are all saying and I do firmly believe that an
obvious method of drawing primitives would be a reasonable and
beneficial addition to GIMP. Some day in the far, distant future, I
may or may not try to come up with a better suggestion, and I may even
be more than happy to implement it.

Thanks for all your help, and a lively discussion,
Jason