I have one other question, now:

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 2:43 AM, David Gowers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Because it is not a drawing program. MSPaint is a drawing program.
>  Painter is a drawing program. Krita is a drawing program. Photoshop is
>  not a drawing program though it allows drawing, and similarly, GIMP is
>  not a drawing program although it allows drawing.

Would you recommend using Krita for image creation? Despite the fact
that "image authoring" is a point listed in the very first sentence on
gimp.org's main page, and that "painting" *is* the first bullet point
category on the GIMP info page, from what you say and what I see GIMP
does not actually seem to be the right tool for  "producing icons,
graphical elements of web pages and art for user interface elements"
-- as it is an image editing application and not a "drawing" program.
An alternative solution to making drawing tools readily available is
to edit the description on gimp.org and remove any claims that GIMP is
the best tool for drawing these kinds of elements (it's not... I'm not
trying to be too critical just realistic, it is much easier for me to
draw, say, a clean square button in mspaint than it is in GIMP -- on
the other hand GIMP is a great tool for, say, touching up

I need a "drawing" program, but I am unfamiliar with the other tools
that are out there. The next time I boot into Linux I'll probably try
Krita, are there any other good drawing applications you can