On Sun, 2008-10-19 at 12:07 -0700, First Last wrote:
> I am a new user to GIMP, but haven't for the life of me been able to
> find a way to search the GIMP user manual or help.

I am interested to learn why you need to search the user manual at all.

We might want to add such a feature, but that requires us to understand
under what circumstances a user would want to perform a search in the
user manual and what he/she would be searching for.

Another question: Do you know that that you can open the relevant page
in the user manual by pressing the F1 key (or using the Help button) in
each GIMP dialog and also on each menu item in GIMP?