On Tuesday 21 October 2008, First Last wrote:
> Ok, let me explain the situation I had today that prompted the posting.  I
> have some photos that have some pretty bad vignetting and I was hoping GIMP
> could take care of it for me.  So I was expecting I could open the Help or
> the user manual and just search for "vignetting" and that would take me
> right to the spot in the manual that would explain it.

Since the manual is a manual and not a selection of tutorials, you'll find
mainly documentation about GIMP's functions there, not about how to use them
for some effect or another.  So even a search function doesn't replace a
broader search across other web sites.

Luckily for you, there's an official tutorial that might do what you want,
although it's not in the manual:

I hope this link helps,