Hi Akkana,

Akkana Peck wrote:

> I'm building GIMP 2.6 on Ubuntu 8.04 and it's really no big deal.
> You don't need the whole gtk+ chain -- the ones installed on 8.04
> are fine. You do need babl and gegl and there are a couple minor
> gotchas there.
>
> I have the complete list of packages you'll need here:
> http://shallowsky.com/linux/gimpbuild.html

Do you probably know if there is an option/possibility to
compile Gimp 2.6 for an older CPU architecture (AMD K6 II).
I'm having Ubuntu 8.10 installed, but Gimp 2.6 crashed
each time I tried some color adjustment/filters. Someone
on the list suggested that it might have to do with my
outdated CPU. As a temporary solution, I installed Gimp 2.4.7
from a .deb file (as well as 'gimp-data' and 'libgimp').
Could it be that my problems are due to an improper installed
babl and gegl? I tried to compile 2.6 and got an error message
during ./configure that both gegl and babl were missing, although
according to Synaptic, they are both installed.

TIA,

Claus

--
Claus Cyrny : Webdesign |  Grafik | Fotografie
:: Web: http://home.arcor.de/ccyrny/ ::.