Sven Neumann <s...@gimp.org> writes:
> On Sat, 2009-01-03 at 17:35 +0100, Heinrich Moser wrote:
>> Is it possible to make GIMP use the "default" Windows File Open/Save
>> dialog*, for example, by setting some secret configuration option?
> No. And we are certainly not willing to add such an option.

OK, thanks for the information. In that case, I can just hope that
such a plug-in turns up again somewhere.

>> The reason that I want this is because the GIMP dialogs are terribly
>> slow when accessing a slow (e.g. VPN) UNC network path (=
>> \\IP-Address\Share\directory\...).
> You should report this as a bug against GTK+ then and perhaps you will
> also want to help the GTK+ developers to isolate and fix the cause for
> this.

Thanks for the pointer into the direction of GTK. To verify this, I've
just downloaded gedit. It seems to use the same file open dialog
library (except for the preview), but, surprisingly, it is indeed
faster than GIMP (~10 seconds to show the directory contents, as
compared to ~30 with GIMP).