On Windows, I can go to GIMP\bin and type ufraw-batch in a Dos
command window.  I can also type ufraw -help and that brings
up a large window full of options -- that unfortunately goes
off the bottom of my screen so I can't read the whole thing.

I found that if I save the configuration in ufraw, that the next
file that opens uses that configuration.  However, I shoot portrate
mode for my panoramas and so I have to manually rotate each image
as it is loaded.  The configuration does not seem to save that

I found out that ufraw-batch takes an ID file.  But I do not
know the format of the ID file or how one might generate one.

I googled around for ufraw id files and found this:

But this page -- which is has the UFRaw tutorial doesn't exist.

Perhaps you can point me in the right direction again...