On Fri, 2009-12-18 at 14:33 -0500, Jay Smith wrote:
> My point is that the *error/reporting messages say* that (because of the
> corrupted file) the plugin has died and potentially left Gimp in an
> unstable state.

Any software that dies while processing has a bug, so you could file a
bugzilla report that loading broken files causes a plugin crash.  They
would potentially address whatever crash-related problems the broken
file exposes (buffer overflows, etc), but are not likely to try to
support broken files.  The file that was processed correctly was, at
best, an accident, albeit a fortunate one.

I'd give you a link to bugzilla but the developer.gimp.org site doesn't
seem to be responding for me right now.  Might be a problem on my end.
Anyway, check developer.gimp.org to find the link to bugzilla.
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjham...@graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness." -- Unknown.