On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 6:45 PM, Sven Neumann <s...@gimp.org> wrote:
> It is actually a very difficult fix. There are hundreds of save plug-ins
> and all would have to be fixed. Also GIMP plug-ins may save using a
> helper plug-in that transparently enables saving to remote locations. It
> is definitely not trivial to fix this.

If this kind of thing cannot be implemented for all formats, then I
guess it is a design flaw. How come things like saving a backup copy
of the target cannot be implemented in a single place for all file
formats? That simply stinks of bad design, sorry. Now, I'll just STFU
since I'm not the one to contribute the patch, and hopefully this has
been already fixed in the devel branch (I remember reading something
about this).

Regards,

--
Branko Vukelić