Well, poop. :)
Will you be around on Thursday at some time to meet on IRC with schumaml
and anyone else that wants to come?

By the way - anyone that would like to join us, please do on
irc.freenode.net #gimp-web

I am tentatively thinking 1900UTC to meet - does that work ok for everyone?

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 4:07 AM Simon Budig <si...@budig.de> wrote:

> Two minor issues:
>
> Please consider making the body text more bold and more black.
>
> For me the text is on the brink on the unreadable due to the lack of
> contrast. Given that we all age at a rate of 1s/s I'd appreciate that
> :)
>
> See http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/files/weight-comparison.png for a
> comparison of the original and changing the weight to 400 (gimp.css:153)
> and color to #333 (home.css:2).

Of course I'll have a look!  I'm hoping there might be a nice compromise.
I'm rather fond of the lighter weight, but at the same time don't want to
content to be hard to read.

I did at least try to follow the W3C web content accessibility guidelines
for contrast ratio (that light body text is actually 4.48:1 ratio, the
guidelines for text that size is actually to be at least 3!  Also - there's
a W3C accessibility guideline for contrast ratio! :) ).

http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/quickref/#qr-visual-audio-contrast-contrast

I'll render out some options later and see if we can't make it a bit more
legible.

> It might be worth looking at more pages than I did. For example the news
> item date is #aaa on white in a very small light font. If we don't want
> our visitors to read the text it would be better to remove the text
> instead  :)

Absolutely, I'll check against the entire site when we find one we like.
The news items have a (slightly) different color at the moment as well, I
believe.  I was trying to use color to differentiate secondary information
from that area, but may have gone too far. :)

pat