Hello list,

I'm currently implementing large scale path traversals over an RDF graph.
the traversals are defined by the starting vertex and a set of edge labels
that have to be traversed, if possible, to obtain all the wanted paths. In
my current scenario the vertexID is Text, and the Edge is <Text, Text> as
well, as the edge value is the edge label. For obvious reasons, it would be
much more efficient to be able to obtain all the edges with a matching Edge
label (value), without iterating through the whole vertex edge list looking
for them (given avg vertex degree of K i'd go from O(K) to O(logK) at
least). I thought about creating my own labelledOutEdgeMap and populate it
by overriding Vertex.addEdge(), but that's final. I thought about adding a
method but VertexReader.next() is receiving a MutableVertex.

Do you have any suggestions?

TIA

--
    Claudio Martella