Reading your post on StackOverflow, it looks to me like you are mixing
Cygwin/Git Bash with normal Windows paths.
I would suggest the following:
1. Start from scratch, remove all keys and software you set up/installed
2. Try Github for Windows <http://windows.github.com/>. If that works,
at least you know it's physically possible to clone something from Github.
3. Now decide, as Konstantin says, whether you want to use *openssh* for
authenticating (easier, and recommended by Github), or *Putty* (more
Windows GUI oriented)
- If you go for the openssh way, follow Github's
- If you go for the Putty approach, follow my guide
- Whichever approach you pick, follow the instructions to the letter,
and tell us where it goes wrong, if at all.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Git
for human beings" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at