Dear Colleagues,

I like a lot of what I am seeing on this discussion dialog .... and the
commentary by Cliff Missen.

But this got my attention: "If someone needs to get a letter to another,
they need a word processor and a printer."

Whatever happened to the idea of pen and paper, and typewriter (manual)?

When it comes to communications in poor rural areas .... the most cost
effective might well be very old fashioned. I am always amused to see 3M
stikits all over high powered computers ...... and highlight felt tip
pen markings all over computer printed documents. But the rule is easy.
Whatever works .... and is affordable. Computer printed letters are
expensive in most development situations, mainly because of the profit
model associated with paper and ink supplies.

Sincerely

Peter Burgess
Peter Burgess
ATCnet in New York