I do agree with you...a user's need is paramount. One way to go about
this is to conduct a Training Needs Assessment rotating around what the
users do and need to do. It may be expensive...but it is cheaper than
sitting down and getting right into putting materials together...I'm
right now suffering because I accepted the challenge to put together a
curriculum and later found out that a TNA was not done.

Moses Owor