Thanks, Adrien.

Please note that I asked about the general ledger, not the general journal, but
I see that the filter works the same way (now that I know to try it).

As the documentation mentions only the general journal, maybe "and general
ledger" should be added, for the benefit of folks who are searching for it?

Stan Brown

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018, at 7:52 AM, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> And unfortunately, this filter change is not sticky. You’ll have to
> reset it each time you load the GL. This is already a filed bug.
> > On Feb 23, 2018, at 5:47 AM, David T. via gnucash-user
> > <> wrote:
> > "The General Journal defaults to showing only the previous month of
> > transactions. This is changeable by using the "Filter By..." on the View
> > menu."
> >
> >> On Feb 23, 2018, at 4:27 PM, Stan Brown <> wrote:
> >>
> >> There doesn't seem to be any documentation of Tools » General Ledger,
> >> neither in the Help Manual nor in the Concepts Tutorial. (I couldn't
> >> find an answer in the FAQ or Using GnuCash either.)
> >>
> >> I have transactions entered from 2017-12-31 though 2018-01-31. But for
> >> some reason, the General Ledger shows only 2018-01-23 through
> >> 2018-01-31. ...
> >>
> >> Please note: I'm talking about the General Ledger _tool_, not the
> >> report. I want the ability to correct transactions that I get in the tool.

If you are using Nabble or Gmane, please see for more information.