Adrien, my headers for your message show this email is from you, not the list:
From:  Adrien Monteleone <adrien.montele...@lusfiber.net>
Date:  Tue, 10 Apr 2018 17:17:55 -0500
To:  Gnucash Users <gnucash-user@gnucash.org>

On 04/10/2018 06:17 PM, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
The mail already *is* from the list.

This can get flubbed when people start using reply-all and leaving the original
senders in the mix. As this continues in the thread, individual e-mail
addresses start bouncing around between To and CC and the list address usually
gets relegated to CC permanently. But it doesn’t matter because one can always
set their filters to include To, CC and From (if not also, or instead,
reply-to) and there should be no issue.

There is a case for reply-all, but it involves cross-posted messages (to other
lists) or one-off participants who aren’t list members. This is pretty rare
here. (Occasionally you’ll see a message posted on both -dev and -user but not
often and so many are on both) I don’t think I’ve seen any cross-postings to
outside lists. On the off chance a non-member participates (with moderator
approval) it would likely be obvious and you could include their personal
address.