Not quite... If you have a sacrificial computer such as a Virtualbox
machine, try release 3.2 on it first, along with a test copy of your data
file.  Then, if you do not like the results you have not corrupted your
main machine.

Before installing 3.2 on a Windows machine, I would suggest making a backup
of all the configuration files including the F:Q related stuff if you use
it before migrating.  Once a computer has had GnuCash 3.2 installed on it
it is changed as well as any data file that has been opened by it.  Then to
revert you would need to completely remove release 3.2 using the Windows
uninstaller (in my conservative opinion) and install release 2.6.21 to be
able to read files that release 3.2 touched.

On a another side note, I use a free third party program to track my
portfolios in nearly real-time.  If you are interested, Google 'Takestock2'
for more info.

David C