On Sun, Aug 06, 2023 at 01:23:33PM +0200, Mahon Finbar via gnucash-user wrote:
[snip]

> With the greatest of respect, I have always found the plethora of files
> that appear around Gnucash locations hard to decipher. I'm sure there is
> a reason forĀ  that, but.....

At least someone agrees with me! :-)

I've been muttering about this, on and off, for quite a while!  There
should be a way to move the clutter of logs and backup files out of
the way, away from where the main GnuCash xml or database file is.
(By 'move' I mean a configuration option that allows one to keep them
out of the way, I know files can be moved 'by hand')

--
Chris Green