On 9/14/26 10:03, Paul Kroitor wrote:

Sorry, I’m wrong.

Can’t your private web page be modified to report (only) IP addresses guilty of 
abusive use?

Then individual innocent users aren’t revealed.

An IP address does not necessarily mean an individual user. And while one can use arin.net, ripe.net, or apnic.net to identify the ISP that an address is allotted to, it would pretty much take a warrant or court order to connect that address to a particular street address.


That still doesn't identify an individual user. Example, I'm working from a shared office location. There are a few hundred people from different employers in this building. To web and application servers on the internet, we all appear as the same handful of source addresses.


Having the stats page only list those methods with huge numbers of hits, is not the reason I am keeping track.
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to