Sure . It only happens when windows does it automatic crap, even though my machine is "no longer eligible for updates" MS still does something LOL

There is an error when I go to start up and open my file.

And then I find that the last updates to different accounts (if I forgot to "Save" manually and left the application running) I made are missing.


On 10/2/2026 8:47 PM, Kalpesh Patel wrote:
I am doubting that it isn’t saving even though you have it set to do so.

Can you post (as an attachment; embedded pic will be discarded) screen grab of Edit 
--> Preferences --> General?

-----Original Message-----
From: scum buster <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2026 6:59 PM
To: Kalpesh Patel <[email protected]>; 'Robert Heller' <[email protected]>; 
'David T.' <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]; 'David Carlson' <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [GNC] Autosave question


I have it set to autosave and apparantly it ISNT autosaving.....its not just 
one transaction that gets lost...its a bunch, which were done during my last 
session (if I did not manually save it).

On 10/1/2026 5:56 PM, Kalpesh Patel wrote:
I have the pre-build binaries of the 4.14 version running on Windows
and it auto saves as well. If anything it would only be the current
in-flight transaction not saved.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Heller <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2026 2:29 PM
To: David T. <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]; David Carlson <[email protected]>; ?
scum buster <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [GNC] Autosave question

I'm still using a built-from-source 4.14, and the auto-save does in
fact save the file.

At Thu, 01 Oct 2026 21:42:17 +0530 "David T." <[email protected]> wrote:

I don't use this feature, but the documentation very clearly states:

"Auto-save time interval: This field sets the number of minutes
between
each automatic saving of the file. Set to 0 to disable the auto-save
feature."
This (and the name of the preference) would strongly suggest that the
feature is supposed to, ahem, *save* the file in question, and not
just toss up a reminder.
But, I'm sure I've misread things.

David T.

On October 1, 2026 8:50:27 PM GMT+05:30, David Carlson
<[email protected]> wrote:
iirc, auto save is only a reminder, not an action.  However, you
should be able to import transactions entered after the last manual
save using the replay logs feature.

On Thu, Oct 1, 2026 at 7:56C"B
--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to