I'm not really a mysql database admin, although a crash is not really supposed 
to happen. I'll note that the Guide in chapter 2 recommends mysql for 
experienced database administrators.

Did you check the Guide chapter 2.4.5? It implies that you must create the 
mysql database and assign a specific user with appropriate permissions within 
mysql before attaching to your GnuCash data. Did you take these steps? Also, 
did the mysql server crash? Are there any useful messages in the mysql logs?

Beyond this, you'll have to hope that one of the devs can offer advice; I'm out 
of my depth. 

David T. 



On October 7, 2026 9:26:03 PM GMT+05:30, "David G. Pickett via gnucash-user" 
<[email protected]> wrote:
>It just disappears during the process; no dialogs pop up.  Tables created but 
>no data found.  I use mysql mostly with tutoring students.  I have a couple 
>trivial databases there already.  I just used the save as dialog and selected 
>mysql.
>_______________________________________________
>gnucash-user mailing list
>[email protected]
>To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
>https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
>-----
>Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
>You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to