Hi Heather,

I am not sure I follow your logic. As I read it, FWF-funded researchers
publish in non-APC journals too, but fewer of them. I don't think you are
suggesting that researchers are told by FWF which publishers they are
supposed to publish with?

What I take from the FWF figures is that most of the OA journals that
researchers want to publish in charge an APC.

By the way, FWF also supports models that do not charge an APC:
https://www.fwf.ac.at/de/forschungsfoerderung/open-access-policy/open-access-publikationsmodelle/

Richard

Richard Poynder