Go is an open-source language. It's not "tied" to anything. Yes, Google
invests in its development but so do other companies and many, many open
source developers. It has a strong place in modern data centers but it is
being used in just about every place imaginable now; some have even done
kernel development in it.

Go is not a Google product. Really, it's not.

Please don't make unwarranted assumptions about the intention of Go or its
developers.

-rob