On 12/23/20 8:06 AM, Alex Besogonov wrote:
> In general, Go managed to tread a very fine line between "overcomplicated
> nonsense" and "stupidly verbose" pretty well. So I suggest trusting the
> language
> maintainers. They are doing a great job!

I wholeheartedly agree with this and thank you for your dedication Ian and
others. You have the time to make a far better analysis than most/all of us?, in
any case.

> "Which critical language features do you need that are not available
> in Go?", 25% of the survey takers answered the question, and of those
> 79% mentioned generics. Previous years also showed support for adding
> generics.  Of course this isn't definitive,

I have to call it out here though as I see statistic abuse on the news every
day. Not to mention that asking the question encourages people to think of
something.

Ignoring that encouragement in the question (and not remembering survey
structure). This would more accurately be described as 80% reported not needing
any new features and 15% reported needing Generics!