Good thing we are locked-in for life to App Engine. Using App Engine for
maybe 6 years, It's part of me

Seeing this announcement, and practically experiencing the roadblock,
devastates me

The beauty of App Engine comes from it's unity, when you take a vital part
of that unity out and kill it, it inflicts terror and fear, I fear that
more and more services are going to be terminated one day

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/2235fbfa-f2e2-4609-a894-58c7b4397ee8%40googlegroups.com.