Hey PK and Kaan,

I hear your concerns. I hope that I can moderate worries by saying the
following in regard to each of the points you brought up:

*1. Avoid paying for attachment bits through front-end*

While the GCS integration to Mail API attachments will be discussed in the
next point, there's another GCS solution here which is very useful. You can
generate URLs to the attachment objects and merely embed these URLs in the
email. This ultimately has the same transfer cost for the user's machine as
downloading from a mail server storing the attachment, but is slightly
different since you can recall the object at a later date.

*2. Feature requests for GCS integration to Mail API*

We always encourage users to make use of the Public Issue Tracker
<https://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/list> to make any feature
requests that they think of. We track them and consider them, and this is
the best way to ensure that we know about it in a formal manner rather than
just posting in a discussion thread. We look forward to all feature
requests because it means users are working on the platform and

*3. Platform Unity*
We definitely recognize that the power of the platform comes from its unity
and internal organization. The various services combine to create an
ecosystem where development can rapidly integrate many capabilities to
produce powerful apps. Because we understand that developers depend on the
services for app performance, we offer a minimum 1 year announcement before
deprecation, as you can read in the Cloud Platform Terms of Service
<https://cloud.google.com/terms/>.

We also do our best during any deprecation period to provide support and
migration advice to developers. Community Support is a resource for you
developers, so please don't hesitate to ask us any questions or open
discussions of architecture, design, etc. We can't prevent the web or our
services from changing over time, as all things must, but we can do our
best to provide comprehensive support for users during these changes.

For the moment, everything said above and elsewhere about the Mail API and
Sendgrid remains good advice. Sendgrid is simply far better suited to bulk
messages, while the Mail API can be used effectively for administrative
emails such as a password reset system, etc.

As always, let us know your thoughts or if you have any further questions!
We'll be happy to help.

Cheers,

Nick
Cloud Platform Community Support